The Great Cosmo Facebook Backlash



My life got immeasurably better since I started 'liking' Cosmopolitan on Facebook, not because I'm a fan of their constant hot-pink omg-bleating internet diarrhea, but because, over the last few weeks, I've started to see something both interesting and hilarious happening. Cosmo readers (all fifteen of them, it appears - they really need to work on their engagement) seem to be liberating themselves from the shackles of their girly masters through the well-recognised medium of being sarcastic and rude on the internet. What we seem to be witnessing is a full-on pissed off lady-rebellion against all the pointless, saccharine, squealing content that is being thrown at us - HUZZAH!

Here are my top ten favourite kinds of comments from the Cosmo UK Facebook page:

1. The 'why are you such a bunch of hypocrites comment' 
Points out the latent contradictions within any given statement made by Cosmo. Example, Katherine Jenkins:


2. The 'that's not punk, Cosmo' comment (also, doesn't Kinkster Mike sound lovely?)




3. The 'I can't take much more of this fucking bullshit' comment


4. The 'I'm not sinking to your level because I'm a positive person' comment



5. The 'are you kidding me right now?' comment


6. The 'Nope, sorry, I'm not buying it' comment




7. The 'voice of reason' comment




8. The 'So fucking what if Melissa Joan Hart likes girls?' comment



Also, props to the person who answered 'she probably found out that cats can't really talk'

8. The 'Er...no, you read that wrong' comment


9. The 'who cares?' comment




10. The failure to make any kind of impact at all despite using the word 'sex' no-comment comment














Tune in next week for yet more fucked off women on the verge when we turn our attention to the EVEN MORE FRUITFUL US Cosmo's Facebook page. Sneak peak:



Laterz, ladybros.